Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why I’m Leaving The Legion...



The Wandering Legion in many ways has been a Brother(And Sister)hood to me.  It has led me to push the boundaries of what I can do professionally, and it has allowed me to flourish artistically.  So saying goodbye is incredibly hard.  I spent three years building The Wandering Legion into the force it is in New England Steampunk circles. 
                When Jeff, Paul, Doug and I first set up the Legion we wanted “One Man One Vote,” and wanted to create a group that was truly open, that anyone could feel like they are a part of!  We wanted to do web videos, create a webcomic, conduct live performances, and create crazy art that the world would love or scorn completely but either way it would be impactful!  What resulted unfortunately was a group comprised of leaders hoping they could steer the others in the direction they wanted to go in.  It unfortunately closed us off as a group to the point where, though we wanted to be a Legion of MANY we only officially inducted one other member. 
                I don’t say these things with any rue or anger…  People change, philosophies change, and Steampunk changes.  It is for these reasons I feel as though leaving the Legion to pursue my own endeavors in The Copper Claw is the right decision.  I wish the rest of the Legion well, and we are all still friends (Don’t worry about awkwardness at cons/parties etc. there is no bad blood, and there is still a backlog of videos that will be released under Wandering Legion with me in them…) I just need to do my own thing. 

Keep Spreading The Brass Sickness… I know I will!

Lucretia Dearfour
A.K.A Ashley Lauren Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment